My good friend, KM, awarded my blog with this awesome award: Honest Scrap Award.
First of all, THANKS, KM. What a nice award.
I’ve been asked why I do my blog or what’s my blog for? Well, it’s just a piece of me. Sure, I’m a writer and many writers have blogs to promote just that, their writing. Sure, I’ll do that a little, but really, my blog is about having some fun, getting to know people, and letting people into my crazy world.
So, with this award, there come a few responsibilities…
A) First list 10 honest things about yourself – and make it honest (hence, the award ‘Honest Scrap’), even if you have to dig deep!
B) Pass the award on to 8 bloggers that you feel embody the role of the Honest Scrap. (This is an award only to display on your blog that everything you write on it is in truth, sincerity, and integrity.)
Ok, so, TEN honest things about me…..
1. I hate coffee. Can’t stand the taste. I can detect the most miniscule amount in anything. But, I like the smell.
2. I love tattoos. Yep. Have a couple myself. But I love hearing the stories behind what prompted someone to get a tattoo.
3. I never really read for recreation much until April 2007. Yeah, I know, and you may ask, “BUT YOU’RE A WRITER?” **smile** Yeah, I didn’t plan to take a writer’s path in life, God opened some doors, and here I am…six novels written and reading like a maniac.
4. Despite having a blog, facebook, twitter, etc……I’m really pretty illiterate when it comes to gadgets/computers. Like stereo hook ups to the TV…yeah, have NO desire how to do that stuff. I’d rather my sweet hubby sweep in and get it working so I can enjoy it.
5. I’m addicted to malted milk balls. I’d eat them every single day if I wouldn’t gain a ton of weight. Oh, and not the Whoppers, the gourmet milk balls.
6. I peel the crust off my sandwiches. Can’t stand the crust. Tastes like tree bark. Not that I’ve tasted that, mind you….
7. I have my Masters Degree in Mental Health Therapy with a specialty in Adult Addiction. BUT, I only did that line of work for about 3.5 years. It was really difficult.
8. I’m totally addicted to FaceBook and blogging. I love meeting all the people I’ve met on line. I hope to meet some or all in real life some day at a writers conference or something.
9. I wish I could have gone further in my Inline Speed Skating career but trust God closed the door on that path for a reason. My human side, though, wishes I could have gone further.
10. I am married to my best friend and soul mate. Married for over 12.5 years and I love him now more than ever!
So, I’m to award this to eight other blogs.
Thanks, KM. Have a great weekend, everyone.