I got a fun award from Amber Scott the other day.
We writers have a common understanding. . . we’re all a bit strange.
I mean, think about it–some of the stories we come up with . . . But still, we’re strange in a good way!
Anyway, back to the award. . .
This award is based on the release of Cate Gardner’s short story collection, Strange Men in Pinstriped Suits. The book is available for pre-order and at a discount of $1.99 off of the cover price. To help celebrate this release, Cate and Strange Publications have a contest with two prize packages to choose from.
The ‘Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits’ award is given to only the strangest of folk, and as the recipient of such I am deemed very strange indeed.
Now I must go forth and celebrate the strangeness of friends (and strangers – strangers are always allowed) by nominating blogs run by strange folk. *Beware, some people don’t like you to refer to them as strange…Try to avoid them if possible.
Some rules for nominees:
1. Add the logo of the award to your blog post.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (don’t mess with strange people).
3. Nominate seven other blogs telling us why you think the recipient is strange enough to deserve the award.
4. Leave a message for those nominated on their blogs.
5. And, if you email catephoenix(at)gmail(dot)com and tell her you’ve received the award for your strangeness, she’ll enter you in the biggest kick-ass Strange Men competition ever. Details over at strangemeninpinstripesuits.com (click on the award link on the home page)
My nominees are:
Sean Poindexter because he’s a dragon king.
KM Wilsher–well, she’s guilty by associating with me!
Michelle Sutton–because of her ability to read a zillion books a month and WRITE a zillion books a year!
The Good Twin–because of his strange but hysterical sense of humor.
Kat Heckenbach–because of her strange ability to find the coolest pictures for her blog–and titles!
Brooklyn Ann–because of her vast knowledge of cats.
Christian Miles–because of his unique amount of motivation as a young person. If I had had half that while growing up–oh, that’s another post…
Now, for the FUN part! The motivation! Today, I dare you to embrace your own individual strangeness and odd-erificalities (that’s toatlly Amber’s word, I couldn’t think up that to save my soul–LOL!) today.
Here are three strange things about me:
1. I’ve never had a pedicure–and if I have my way, I NEVER WILL!
2. When I have the radio on in my car, I have to have the volume set on an odd number . . .
3. I hate sticky hands. Yeah, I’ll obsess about them until I can wash them off. Like to a fault. . .