Not many people get to read about the insider information here, so check out these FUN and AMAZING facts from the original BIG WIG Martha Meyers!
- She was involved with the MN Children’s Museum for 10 years on their board – 3 as chair! So smart of C’MON to approach her when she became a full-time resident of Naples! She was instrumental in transitioning the board from a capital raising to operational board, and she’s been on the board for 4 years, including being involved in the original Gala and the 1st Night at the Museum event.
- She understands the importance of having a children’s museum in a community. In her own words, she expands on this. “Creating a life-long love of learning among our youngest citizens enriches our entire community.”
- She credits Andy Marquart (former executive director) and Sandi Wilson for the idea, A Night at the Museum, but we have Martha to thank for the execution of the first event!
- Last year her favorite part of the event was the casualness, the opportunity to education the guests about what children museums are, and the ‘Right On’ Band.
- When asked if she has a favorite part of the museum, she said, “The Graffiti Wall which was part of last year’s Night at the Museum (coming in January).”
Stop by The Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples and check out the Graffiti Wall!
Now, for the fun, fast round of super cool info about Martha!
Coffee of tea? … water
Morning of evening? … morning
Chocolate or vanilla? … coffee
Oceans or pools? … pools
Pink or black? … Pink and black
…and here’s the coolest part about the whole feature! Martha is the oldest of 13 (yours, mine, ours, and them!). 11 grew up together! …AND she was a MN State Senator very involved in Education at the state level!
So… here’s why we’re super excited about this event! We get to meet BIG WIGS like Martha Meyers who take the time to chat with inquiring minds about all these fun facts!
Thank you, Martha!
… and now for the giveaway…
Always be in fashion with a C’mon t-shirt! See Rafflecopter details to enter!
Please call 239-260-1714 or visit cmon.org for tickets or sponsorship information for Big Wigs Night at the Museum.
Thanks for your support, my friends!